Tuesday 23 June 2009

Blood on the Dance Floor


I have succumbed to a disco dancing injury. Miss Keddie and I danced the night away at the Kensington Roof Gardens on Saturday night. It was fabulous! Except that once we had decided that the scene was getting tired and that we should skedaddle we crossed the floor one last time at which point some oaf jumped on my foot in some misguided attempt at dancing. I gasped in pain, pushing past the brute who didn't even acknowledge his egregious behaviour, and went to bid adieu to my dancing compadres. As I stood there I looked down to find my foot bleeding quite enthusiastically and not a small amount of my haemoglobin decorating the floor.

I will spare further details for those of a delicate and squeamish disposition, suffice it to say that I will be having trouble finding comfortable footwear for a good few days. What an absolute bore...

No comments: