Tuesday 16 June 2009

That's Amore

(Image via Topshop)


I am IN LOVE with this skirt. I didn't know it at first. It took me by surprise.

At first I thought I loved its sibling, the playsuit



But that wasn't love, it was just a brief infatuation. It didn't love my more rounded bits, and if you don't love those then surely you can't love me. The skirt looks much more favourably on my rounded bits. Its a mutual thing. I think we might be MFEO. I would team it with my blue and white stripy top (I am wearing it today, you can see it at lunch) you know, to mix it up with the patterns. Oh, yeah!

And the worst of it is that I have been in the shop with it a couple of times and not really looked its way, but yesterday I thought why not give it a go. So I rifled through the rack to find my size, but no, what's this? No larger sizes? In Topshop? All sizes 6 and 8 and ooh, maybe a 10? Well you could knock me down with a feather! That's certainly never happened before. Honestly, the frustrations I have felt when there is something in Topshop I really like only to find after looking at fifty sodding labels that they don't have the size I need. Gah! Sort it aaaaaatttttttt!!!

Oh, where was I? Ah yes, the object of my affection... So on finding that it was not to be, that I wouldn't be able to take it home with me to live in glorious harmony, the truth and depth of my feelings were revealed to me. The scales fell from my eyes and I knew that I was done for.

So now, I sit alone, dreaming of a skirt. Will I ever see it again? Does it feel the same way about me? Oh God, the sweet, sweet torture! I can hardly stand it...

No comments: