Friday 27 March 2009

In the soup

This is going slightly off topic, I know, but it made such an impression on me that I couldn't go a moment longer without sharing it. I was walking down the street near work when I saw a man going the other way eating soup. Though not guzzling it back like a hot beverage as you might expect, and as would probably not raise your ire, but with a spoon. He was shovelling the damn stuff in like a starving man who had not seen food for weeks. I question that that was the situation. These are dark days, I admit, but not that dark. And I question his utter inability to wait until he was back at his desk.
In a slightly desperate attempt to bring it back on topic I then felt a fleeting sympathy for his wife/mother who would have to clean all those inevitable soupy stains from his shirts.
It's just not acceptable behaviour, is it?

No comments: