Tuesday 10 March 2009

Channeling Chanel

(Images via style.com)



Strange things are afoot. I find myself developing a soft spot for the Chanel-inspired tweed cropped jacket. Particularly in this incarnation by Luella, in what is possibly her first collection that I really love.


Previously I was of a mind that this style of jacket just reeks of middle aged lady whose husband is probably in a tax bracket considerably higher than mine and whose face might be ever so slightly tight around the temples and static around the brow. It also probably literally reeks of layer upon layer of slightly stale Chanel No. 5.


But I am seeing this jacket around and about in all the hip dives, on young ladies in minis with bed head and scuffed shoes and I think I like it. I imagine in real life it would only work if it is really dressed down rather than up a la Mademoiselle Luella, but I think it could work.


On another tip, do you think I could get away with wearing veiled hats and gloves in matching gaudy colours without scaring people?


No comments: