Friday 31 July 2009

Hey! People Want Our Advice!

How much do we rock? Quite a bit, actually. And I’ll go ahead and tell you why.

We have been requested, as noble CONC-erors, to offer pre-purchase advice on an item. Miss Williamson, who you sat next to at my birthday dinner, is thinking of buying these:







They are from Aldo who, as we well know, are loathe to relinquish a reasonable size picture. So please follow this link to see them in more detail.

Now, knowing Kate as I do I have to say that I am not sure I have ever seen her in a high heel in all the delightful days that I have known her. If ever there was a girl that favours a flat then it is Kate. So even though her enquiry was worded as follows: “Do I buy? I will be unable to walk in them and will have to get cabs.” I was certainly not prepared for these.

Those are not a heel for the faint of heart. Yes, there is a lot to say for them, the colour is delightful. It reminds me somewhat of Angel Delight and I find that strangely comforting. I love the metal studs. The shape is all rounded and sensuous so thumbs up there. But all I can imagine when I look at them is myself toppling out if I were to wear them.

Am I being overly cautious? It might just be because I feel suitably chastised as I went to a wedding recently in my perilously high Miu Mius even though I had been warned that the terrain was not suitable. I spent more time out of them than in. After sinking resolutely into the churchyard’s grass I couldn’t risk the suede further. I was also berated by a friend’s boyfriend that it was completely ridiculous to wear heels I couldn’t walk in (over steep, uneven and wet leaf strewn pathways I would just like to point out). I beat him down later though when he dared to suggest that his ugly shoes were decent, to which I replied that that depended entirely on one’s definition of decent.

Anyway, I digress. I think they seem quite high. Maybe they aren’t too bad and I am just being a scaredy cat. And if we are already resigned to the non-walking/cab necessitating limits of the shoes then maybe we should just go with appearances (which obviously is what shoes are all about) and say, oh yes, they sure are pretty!

Do you concur?
And if I could just add... Kate, I am beyond excited that you are considering buying these! So just for the pleasure of seeing one more girl in a lovely pair of crazy high heels I say go forth and totter!

No comments: