Thursday 9 April 2009

Fixed price

(Image via Daily Mail)

Regardless on what you might opine about the mirrored inner heel, I am wearing them right now to break them in and to liven up my outfit which would be DULLSVILLE Oaklahoma with a flat.

On the way to work I spotted another little lady who had livened up her ensemble with the addition of a really quite spectacular boot. Yowzer! I thought to myself. Nice! And then she turned and I saw price stickers winking at me from the soles and I just felt...well...I just felt, GAH!! Because it's such a pet hate. If you're excited about wearing a new shoe there is still time to take a moment and just remove the price and make sure that you at least look effortlessly cute, surely? It is for reasons such as this that we have been given an opposable thumb for heaven's sake.
As Coco Chanel said "I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness" and that's how I feel about a price label. Just a bit offended, as though I have caught glimpse of something a little improper. I don't like it one bit. And look! Even The Longoria is at it! She is back in my bad books after her brief sojourn into my approval here. Pah!

No comments: