Tuesday 14 April 2009

First lady chic

I couldn't quite work it out. I suddenly had this urge for supreme ladylike fashion. In a sort of gloves and hat and handbag and structured dresses and demure heels kind of way. I know I err on that side of the fashion spectrum anyway but my clothing desires have been leaning in an extremely prim way even for me.

Then I realised what it all meant. Michelle Obama. Parading delightful outfit after delightful outfit at the G20 thing and being compared to Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. Now I want to dress like Jackie too. But not a 21st century version, but the actual one. And definitely when she was the president's wife, before Onassis was on the scene and she was always wearing huge sunglasses.
I think this dress would suit the style quite well. Should I succumb and do the whole thing in a major way? I am very much inclined to.


(Image via Reiss)

No comments: