Tuesday 21 April 2009

Curse of the bridesmaids

What is it about this time of year that makes shops suddenly think that none of us have any taste and want to wear hideous dresses in insipid, vomitous shades? Ding! That's the right answer! The wedding season. Now, I know that both of us are immune to this sort of nastiness (I wore black to my sister's wedding last year, as well you know) and you have a black satin jumpsuit on the go, but I feel the need to reassure others that there is another way.
My rule of thumb as far as wedding attire goes is that if it looks like you could find it in Coast then DON'T, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THE WORLD BUY IT!

(Images via Karen Millen)

And I think that Reiss dress could be added to the bunch. The soft furnishings bent of it is inexcusable, but mostly I think that they should be banged to rights for trying to lure clueless wedding guests into its silky depths. Get'em!

No comments: