Wednesday 18 January 2012

Stubborn as a Mule

Miu Miu


One of my most serious sartortial hatreds is the mule. I really don't think that anything can be said for them.


And the funny thing is that I don't think I could even tell you why I hate them so much. Maybe it is do do with covering up the part of the foot that is attractive and then revealing the heel, which is never beautiful, no matter how lovely the foot.


Maybe it is because I have had mules in the past and they have never quite worked for me no matter how much I loved them. For one thing walking in them invariably seems a little tricky.


Louis Vuitton


Most of the time it is an annoyance easily avoided, but for spring/summer they appear to be making an unwelcome return.


So I saw the Miu Miu ones and my hatred was not dented. And the Oscar pairs are far too ornate for my liking. Status well and truly quoed.


But then, what's this?!


Damn you Louis Vuitton and Mr Jacobs, because these with the pointy toes and the metallics, these I might just love.


Oscar de la Renta


I like being grumpy and having fixed immovable rules about things that are hideous and that I would never wear, but those shoes have muddied the water because now I am thinking that they might actually be rather nice. Ack!

(Images via Style.com)

2 comments:

hayley@project74 said...

Nope. Still foul, Vuitton or not. As you were Kerr.

Lucinda said...

You are quite right. Thank you for strengthening my resolve.