Monday 30 January 2012

Whiter Shade of Pale


I know it is very contrived, but I want a parasol. For the wedding in South Africa. The weather might not be that sunny, but if it is and the ceremony is outdoors then I need to cover up. I have a hat with a big brim, but it won't go with what I am going to wear.


So a parasol would be the perfect solution, wouldn't you agree?


I have found this fantastic website called Brollies Galore that, yup, you've guessed it, have more umbrellas and parasols that you can shake a stick at.


So now I just have to decide whether I want a UV protective one, which is kind of the point of having one, but are murderously expensive. (Top two.) They are also waterproof which would be an unexpected bonus.


A lace one, like the three above, which are super pretty, vintagey and not so dear.



Or a Chinese style paper parasol - cheapest of the bunch, throwaway, but sweet.


Sadly, I think the first is my favourite, and naturally the most expensive. Do you think I'd look like a crazy wielding it or just charmingly left of field?

And if it were the later would I tip the balance with a lace fan? Hmmm, I think I might.

No comments: