Wednesday 1 February 2012

Hard Act(or) to Follow


Welcome to Lucinda's Rapid Reviews at the SAG Awards. Drum roll please...

Ashlee Simpson


I hate the netting and the dress is kinda dull for something covered in sequins/beading. Cute hair though.

Stacey Kiebler


Cute enough, her figure looks great but not wildly exciting.

Sofia Vergara


Great colour and draping.

Amber Heard


Love the shape at the top and the cut outs. Not so sure about what's happeing below the knee. Too much fabric. She looks great in black.

Angelina Jolie


Is that pleather? Hmmm, no.

????


Sorry young lady, I don't know who you are. But if it is any consolation I love your dress.

Berenice Bejo


She is charm personified. But her dress is boring.

Emily Blunt


The shape of this dress doesn't wow me. But the colour is so utterly stunning that I would forgive her anything.

Bijou Phillips


My eyes! This is so hideous I don't even know where to start. I don't think there are many places this would be ok but the red carpet sure as hell isn't one of them.

Jessica Chastain


The colour is lovely but the shape really does nothing for her, unless it was meant to make her look boxy. In which case, as you were.

Diane Lane


Glorious lady. Blah dress.

Diana Agron


Lovely colour, don't like the frill and the shape doesn't seem entirely flattering. Where is her waist?

Emma Stone


Adorable in McQueen. Love, love, love the length.

Glen Close


She looks great but the dress is pretty dated and I hate the sleeves.

Heather Morris

 Hideous.

Jane Krakowski


Adorable. Such a great shape dress and the lingerie style insert really works. Hmmm, elegant and sexy. Very nicely done.

Judy Greer


I love this. So young and fresh and sweet. Might be a favourite.

Juliana Marguiles


She looks lovely but I don't think the dress is very interesting. Well, maybe the texture is but the shape and colour are yawnsville.

Julie Bowen


Lovely colour but the shape is weird, particularly the heaviness of the shoulders.

Kelly Osbourne


Why is Kels trying to bleach the colour out of her life? Off-white hair and off-white dress is just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Kirsten Wiig


I hate the choker. Hate it so much I can't even think about the rest of it.

Kyra Sedgwick

Colour is lovely, shape is lovely, cutouts are lovely, ruined by wearing her hair down. OK, maybe not ruined, but definitely marred.

Lea Michele


For the love of god, woman, put it away!

Meryl Streep


So Meryl, you're great, and you look really happy, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Michelle Williams


Oh Michelle! My heart is about to burst clear out of my chest, full as it is with love for you in this outfit. Stunning. I almost forgive you for posing in your undies for a men's mag.

Octavia Spencer


The colour is terribly pretty, but it just looks as though she has a (admittedly very nice) towel wrapped round her waist. Which the last time I looked wasn't a great look for the red carpet.

Rose Byrne


Squeal! Love her hair! Squeal! Love her jumpsuit! The colour, the texture, the jumpsuity ness of it all. If only it was juast a hair shorter to see a smidge of shoe. You know, just so you know they are there.

Zoe Saldana


I do actually like this, but I wish the underneath looked marginally less like a wife beater. it is just a slightly strange combo.

Shailene Woodley


I went to see the Descendants the other day and Ms Woodley here was very good in it. I also spent much of the film jealous about what an amazing figure she has, so it seems a shame that she has hidden so much of it. I like the pattern though.

Tilda Swinton


Oh Tilda, you have disappointed me. This just isn't what you have led me to expect.

Tina Fey


Inoffensive but dull.
Viola Davis

(Images via Elle UK, Daily Telegraph, Go Fug Yourself)

Terribly pretty, I like the detail on the bodice and the staplessness really works for her.

No comments: