Friday 30 October 2009

The Long and the Short of it



Ha! You make me laugh so much! I love that you got slightly scolded by DC. Like, dude, get with the programme, that thing is barely covering the essentials! I'm sure you are perfectly decent and all, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest if you have mistaken a top for a dress. You are girl for whom short means just that, and then some. But don't worry, you always carry it off with aplomb.

It is an easy trap to fall into. The outfit I am wearing tomorrow night to my halloween party is actively described by those in the know at River Island as a top, but I will be wearing it as a dress. Honestly, what do they know?

I think the rule has to be, as long as you can't see the join of the thighs then its fiiiine! Particularly if it is pretending to be all decent and reserved at the top.

What made me howl the loudest, though, was that you have completely brainwashed the head into buying in wholesale to the idea that a scrap of fabric makes a perfectly reasonable dress. Although, it probably isn't beyond the realms of possibility to get a boy to agree that less is best... You know?!

Oh, and as to the "T" word... No! It would never, could never, be a tunic. You are so much better than that. Slightly risqué advertiser of an acre of toned thigh? Yes! Hell yes! Wearer of tunics? How dare you! The very suggestion. Really!

No comments: