Tuesday 13 September 2011

Slippery Slope

I've been thinking about flat shoes, and how hard they are to find ones you like. It didn't occur to me for a second that I would consider slippers, which seem to be having a moment right now.

But then I saw the Kurt Geiger pair above and I really fell for them. This pair are blue and black leopard print faux pony skin. Woo, hoo! Now that is a sentence I love. Leopard print! Love it! Faux pony! Love it! Blue and black! Love it!

Plus can you imagine how comfortable they would be? Like wearing actual slippers, but not getting weird looks. Result.
But then I look at these other (cheaper) examples and I'm just not sure. The clunky heel is definitely a no go.

Plus they look like boy's shoes. Don't you think? Admittedly for really cheesy boys who wear their shirts open with their chest rugs showing.
But they are all for girls. So that confuses me as I don't know how you would be expected to wear them. Going full on boy or trying to soften them with a little femininity. I'm confused, so I think I should probably leave well alone.
Let Mr Hefner have them.

(Images via Kurt Geiger and Asos)

You're welcome, young man.

No comments: