Friday 9 September 2011

In Good Nick

(Image via Nicholas Kirkwood)

Any of you who have been reading Cute or Not Cute for any length of time will know that I am nigh on obsessed with Nicholas Kirkwood shoes.

I have wanted a pair for years. But I wanted them to be the right pair.

So having come in to a little bit of spare cash I thought "maybe now's the time!" So Annie and I hotfotted it down there, away from the thronging crowds along Bond Street to the decidedly more reserved charms of Mount Street and the glorious Nicholas Kirkwood (via a very unpleasant experience in DVF for anyone with more than a passing interest in personal space). Oh joy! It couldn't have been more perfect. It was quiet, there were utterly delightful and patient staff, delicious hibiscus cocktails and ... the shoes of my dreams!

Pink suede, metallic, betasselled loafer courts. Obviously! I put them on my feet and it was like we were made for each other! Aren't they delicious?!

But I didn't buy. It is a big purchase and I have to make sure I get it right. Which is very sensible and unlike me...

No comments: