Wednesday 8 July 2009

Carried Away


Yes! I'm so pleased you got that one. Round of applause! I was fretting about the shoe and accessory issue though. That dress has got a lot to say for itself, a heel too high or a necklace too sparkly could be a step far too far.

I like the Oasis necklace theoretically, but my nose twitched when I saw it close up. It's the brown, and the slightly pearlised beads that got me. But something similar with no brown would be very nice indeed. (You know my Mum wore a brown dress when she was a bridesmaid in the 70's. I hope Elle doesn't get any weird ideas like that. Brown in general makes me feel itchy on a molecular level.)
Personally, I would go with a very delicate gold chain just on the collar bone, but that's because I can't wear a chunky bolderish necklace. I'm not sure why, but I always look really DONE in a (bad) Alexis Carrington kinda way. The problem is I haven't been able to find just a nice gold chain anywhere, hence the old Carrie necklace being dragged about above.

What about the shoe, dear?

No comments: