Tuesday 30 October 2012

The Dark Side

Jigsaw
 
There is nothing like learning to drive to put the fear of god into you. Or at least an old broad like me. And actually in unexpected ways. The actual driving is petrifying, but also the realisation that to drivers on a poorly lit street pedestrians are almost invisible if they are wearing dark clothes.
 So I have decided that what I need is to give drivers a helping hand to spot me.
 And of course if that can come with a fashion based solution then so much the better.
NW3

So here is my solution - light knitwear. A cream hat or scarf would help make me more visible I'm sure. I have played with the thought of sewing a small reflective strip onto my bag and might still do that, but seeing as I need a new woolly hat anyway (I left mine on the bus last winter) I think I might as well buy a light coloured one.

Plus all these things are adorable, right?


H! by Henry Holland for Debenhams

(PS I might well be far too old to rock mittens with pompoms but these ones are so warm and snuggly that I'm not sure I'll be able to resist.)

Warehouse

(Images via Jigsaw, Hobbs, Debenhams, Warehouse)

No comments: