Thursday 12 April 2012

Seeing Red


(Image via Ted Baker)

I fell in love at the wedding. I fell in love with Franschhoek where the wedding took place. I fell in love with the couple a little bit more. And I fell in love with a fabulous girl.

She was wearing this incredible Ted Baker dress, a sweet little red bird in her hair and a YSL cocktail ring. I didn't fall in love with her just for how she looked. Sure, it might have piqued my attention at first. But it was so much more than that. Namely that she was oh so much fun.


She was also sporting a red nail. Which I haven't done for donkey's years. I have been dilly dallying with pastels instead. But I realised why it is a classic as it is such a strong look.

So I have painted mine red (over the top of my previous, chipped colour because I couldn't find the remover which probably wasn't a great start) and I matched my lip and paired them with a breton stripe. And... well... I suppose at least I tried. But in reality I fear I might look rather like a slovenly French tart. Which wasn't quite the look I was going for. Harrumph!

No comments: