Wednesday 21 December 2011

Drop Trou

(Image via 3: Eleven Boutique)

You will be shocked. Seriously, I'm not kidding. And possibly apalled. For as long as you have known me I have been a woman who spends, oh, about 99% of her time in a dress or skirt. But things, I fear, are changing. I am spending my days at my new job trundling up and down stairs with arms full of files. And you know what doesn't go with that? A pencil skirt. And actually skirts of most descriptions.

So I think I will have to admit defeat. Suck it up and buy some trousers.

I know. I can barely stand to think of it myself. I went into M&S the other day and tried on about 15 pairs all to very little outcome. And it reminded me exactly why I stopped wearing trousers in the first place. They just don't suit me. I have a generous bottom and thighs and I'm not overly tall. All things which make buying trousers a perverse form of sartorial torture.

I'm not sure if it is really worth the effort...

Either that or I might have to treat myself to a pricier pair that fit really nicely. As I recall Reiss might provide something that'll work.

No comments: