Monday 8 August 2011

A Little Bird Told Me



As a girl who mostly dresses in a pretty feminine way, I tend to struggle when it comes to casual clothes. I am not a natural jeans and t-shirt kinda gal.

I started young. I would cry if my mother tried to put me in trousers when I was a little girl. If I had had my way I would have worn a party dress and a bow in my hair every day.

For quite sometime my favourite item of clothing was a bottle green princess coat with a velvet collar. Sigh! I still dream of it.


(Via Whistles)

And not much has changed. I have definitely had casual phases, but now I am happiest in dresses or skirts. I like an accessory. I just feel a bit invisible in casual clothes. I didn't really own jeans until I was 21.

I struggle with casual clothes. I tend to often look slightly over dressed. Not that I mind. Better to be over dressed than under dressed, surely. But sometimes it would be nice to fling on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and have done with it. But I'm not sure if I can carry it off, I don't think it is really that flattering.

What other alternatives do I have?

No comments: