Thursday 1 April 2010

Wax On, Wax Off

What is going on with the Barbour jacket?

It started getting cool last year when youths started wearing them. I can't say that I got it.

Because I'm not Alexa Chung.



And I'm certainly not Peaches Geldof or Lily Allen.



And because I remember them before they were fashion items. You know, when the only people who wore them were country toffs, from whom I would never request fashion advice. Even with my tongue firmly in my cheek. And rural uppper class Spaniards, whose love of the English country gentleman look I find endlessly charming, but only they can carry it off.

They are obviously infinitely practical items, but when has that swayed me to desire something?

But then something strange happened...

I saw this



And I fell in love. Hook line and sinker. Isn't it awesome? It's so hardcore and rough and tough and biker-y. Or am I fooling myself?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it is essential wear for a girl-about-Bath