Friday 9 April 2010

Come Clean



I am going to be moving house in five weeks. And to avoid the embarrasment of my parental units working out just how much of my money I have frittered away on clothes I have decided to have a sort out. That and the fact that probably more than half of my possesions have been languishing up in the attic for more than two years and I haven't missed them too much.

So a clean out needs to happen. I need to be strict. I need to fill up black sacks. Again. And again. And again. But I am a little concerned.

I have lost about a stone and a half in the last year or so, so certain things will be too big. Is that reason enough to get rid of them? I'm unlikely to wear them again if I do balloon to previous proportions. And the thought of getting back to that size is really too depressing. So all of those things should go, right?

My other concern is that I nearly threw away a pair of boyfriend jeans a couple of weeks ago, but I'm in them today, and loving them, and the thought of throwing something away and then regretting it fills me with dread.

But they're only clothes, aren't they? They don't really matter... If only I actually believed that. But if I did, I probably wouldn't be in this mess to start with...

Dude! Existential crisis or what?!

No comments: