Tuesday 27 April 2010

Sink or Swim

Have I ever banged on about how much I love Eva Green?

I expect I have, I am slightly obsessed. She is just so very pretty. And edgy. And awfully pretty.



Well, while I have never been inspired to copy her penchant for the birds nest hairstyle another love of hers is the plain black swimsuit and that seems to be growing on me.

I've always felt that the plain black swimsuit is just shorthand for "I hate my body, please don't look at me." You know? But when an incredibly hot actress with a perfect figure rocks one, and rocks one haaaard it makes me think that there might be more to it than hiding the less than perfect bits.



In an age when women's bodies are so accessible covering up a little seems a little more tasteful and alluring. Don't you think?

I love this retro style with the low legs. It is so elegant and glamourous. But with my legs already being on the slightly demure side lengthwise I probably don't need to crop them further.



But this suit is kinda cute, don't you think?




And I'm really into this one, although I'm slightly concerned that I might fall out of it, and then the mystery is all shot to hell.


(Images via Figleaves)

But if you do have a less than perfect, waxed and toned and tanned physique are you still just going to look as if you are trying to hide it away?

No comments: