Thursday 23 September 2010

Button It



There are certain styles that me ache at the utter coolness of them. And girls that rock them just seem so untouchable. So beyond anything that I could hope to achieve. And I am talking specifically about buttoning your shirt all the way up to the top. Sounds simple? But actually I think it might just be the look that will divide those who like fashion and those who absorb fashion through every pore. Honestly, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I have a lot of respect for a girl who prioritises being fashionable over looking conventionally attractive (this look is quite severe and probably not one that will appeal to men).


(Via Style)

I'm not sure that I will be able to carry it off, but I treated myself to a white Jil Sander for Uniqlo shirt at lunch so we will see how we go.

I have two concerns. One, the twin airbags. A low V tends to be more flattering on a chest of my proportions. But I figure a sweater over the top with a deep V might be an ideal solution. And two, my hair isn't quite right. Most of the girls hitting up the button up have top knots (gah! so jealous) which is beyond me and my bijoux barnet, but I might see about sweeping it back with a thin band for a more minimal look.

Now, I wonder if I really can pretend to be "one of those girls"...

No comments: