Wednesday 25 August 2010

When Bad Men Combine



Or, rather, when men combine badly...

I am aware that I have a lot of pet hates, to those who don't know me I must seem like a terribly angry person. And, well, they might be right. But that doesn't make my judgements any less valid. There are just a lot of bad things in the world that deserve my wrath.

Like a man wearing jeans and smart leather shoes. This has been a pet hate of mine for as long as I can remember. Men out at night with jeans, short sleeved shirts and leather dress shoes. And in recent years in the corporate environment it seems to be a favourite look for dress down Fridays. It's smart! No, it's casual! No, it's smart. Etc., etc.

But then I saw this picture:


(Via Go Fug Yourself)

And while this should make my breakfast feel uncertain in my stomach, I actually adore it. Joshua Jackson and Diane Kruger have to be my favourite sleb couple, particularly sartorially speaking. He looks amazing, and the thing I like the best is the jeans/shoes combo. It rocks.

Then I saw this picture of Joseph Gordon-Levitt



and I liked the cut of his jib.

So maybe a girl can change. Maybe a girl can have slightly less hate in her heart.

Maybe a girl could forgive a pair of strangler's leather gloves if combined with a nicely fitted jean and a pair of leather chaussures.



Well, maybe not.

No comments: