Tuesday 7 January 2014

A Last Resort

 Alexander McQueen

January always seems a strange time of year, fashion-wise. The excitement of Christmas sparkle has faded and we are ready for something new. Of course it is when we should really be concentrating on our winter wardrobe as, in England at least, the cold weather hasn't really started. Our American friends will be only too aware that we are in the thick of winter, and are hopefully focused on staying warm indoors.

But we are contrary beasts, myself in particular. I want something new and pretty to ooh and ah over.

So before I focus too much on spring summer there are the resort collections. Of course this is just spring and summer under another name. Spring and summer for those who can afford not to have to deal with winter.

The trends coming from the resort collections are not for wearing now unless you are migrating south. (I wish! Sob!)
Balenciaga

My favourite of them is the crop top. Which considering that my midriff is nothing to write home about, particularly after the excesses of the festive season, is something of a surprise. But I'll tell you for why, shall I? It is because there is no need to actually show skin. Yay!

To a man these looks are layered over high waisted skirts and trousers. 

Once we all thaw out I am going to be so into this.

Jen Kao

 Proenza Schouler

 Reed Krakoff

Sportmax

(Images via Style.com)

No comments: