Saturday 17 August 2013

A Slip of a Thing


When Victoria Beckham arrived at the men's Wimbledon final in a slip I have to admit I wasn't entirely convinced.


Yes, it was a Louis Vuitton slip, part of its autumn winter lingerie/nightwear inspired collection, but it was still a slip. Very pretty but definitely not for me. I would hardly consider such an item suitable for the boudoir let alone a bar.


But the more I look at the Louis Vuitton collection the more I am drawn to it.


But how to make it wearable in real life?


Because I will absolutely not be copying any of these looks, even though I like their flavour.


I think I have discovered the solution - the camisole. A nod to the underwear trend without being too suggestive. Plus I think a little plain black camisole over jeans is super elegant. There is just something very appealing about an exposed clavicle and shoulder with just the whisper of a strap.

Equipment

I am very tempted. What about you? Tempted to make underwear outerwear this season?

By Malene Birger

Jigsaw

Mason by Michelle Mason

Tibi

Topshop

(Images via Style.com, Net a Porter, Topshop, Jigsaw)

No comments: