Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bag of Tricks


I have been hauling round a neon pink canvas Baggu all summer, but it is getting cold and it is getting wet and I think I need to revert to leather. Now of course I have a leather bag, well more than one, but where would be the fun in that when you could lust after something new.

Now, when it comes to bags I am very particular. Not that it has to be super expensive and I really don't care about it bags, but what I do hate is a bag that looks cheap. And nothing looks so cheap as a cheap black leather or pleather bag.

So I saw the Comptoir bag at the top and I fell hard. Cross body strap, good size and lovely soft textured leather. It looks and feels like something beautiful.


(Images via Comptoir des Cotonniers, Marks and Spencer)


But then I saw the Marks and Spencer hobo and I was torn. Yes, the hobo style is a bit played out, but considering that it is less than a hundred knicker I have to say I am really impressed. The leather is nice and it doesn't look cheap.

Sadly it is nearly Christmas and I am trying to be really good with money so I won't be having either, but it is definitely good to know that it is possible to get a bag that isn't breaking the bank but also isn't cheap and trashy.

Truly, there is one thing about getting older that isn't so great (for our wallets at least) - it gets harder and harder to put up with poor quality, don't you agree?

No comments: