Monday 14 November 2011

All that Glitters

I'm a grown woman. On a scale of 1 to 10 how wrong is it that I have become obsessed by the thought of glitter shoes?
I am feeling pretty on edge about the whole thing, to be honest. I know I am a feminine dresser, but I've never been princessy, or glitzy.
It took until my late 20s to really feel comfortable in a dress and heels, without the urge to dress it down with a chunky boot or scruffy hair. And even now I still like to contrast the two. I'm practically beside myself about wearing my parka with an evening dress.
But there is really no way to dress down a glitter shoe, is there? I would never wear them with jeans for example. They'd have to be worn with a dress. But maybe with a dress that wasn't too shouty, you know? Then I might be able to avoid feeling like a showgirl.
(Images via Kurt Geiger, Net a Porter, Asos)

Or maybe I should avoid heels altogether and go for something like this. A bit of glitz but not in an alarming way. Pair of slim black trousers, pretty blush top and lashings of eye liner. Could work, couldn't it? That I way I scratch the itch without, erm, you know, breaking the skin (?).

No comments: