Tuesday 4 January 2011

Don't Scrunch Up Your Nose (Except, Maybe Do)



For women of a certain age (ie. my age) the scrunchie is so evocative of a certain time. A time when we were truly young. And in fact it was only our youth, surely, that excuses our lack of taste in sporting such a horrible item.

That picture above could be me (minus the fags, they came later) when I was 11 or 12. Sad to say I too used to wear them around my wrist. Not as jewellery per se, but in between bundling my hair up in a messy bun.



So why, in 2011, when we should know better, is the scrunchie attempting to make a comeback? Inspired by the return of Take That? Since the brief resurgence of grunge fashion is the 90s ready for a revist on all fashion fronts?



Because, honestly, if this is what 2011 has in store for us I'm not sure I hold much hope for it.



Will people actually start wearing them? I would assume that no one who had worn one the first time round would revisit. There is nothing better than making a girl feel old than a trend coming round the second time.


(Via American Apparel)

Apparently we have Catherine Zeta Jones and Sienna Miller to thank for this. Surely Catherine you know better than this? And I think yours might be velvet, which is absolutely the worst case scenario.


(Via Instyle)

Ladies, get a clue.

No comments: