Tuesday 27 December 2011

It was the Best of Times, it was the Worst of Times

 

I am loving the Daily Telegraph's Worst dressed 2011: the 25 worst outfits of the year 
 
Here are some of my favourites:
 
Ellie Goulding (above). So I kind of get the festival fashion references, but under no circumstances should zip up Olivia Newton John style shorts, scaggy grey corset tops and weird leopard print booties be combined. Ever.
 

Evan Rachel Wood and her beetroot/gizzards coloured leather pussy bow trench dress and Gucci style (or possibly just Gucci) 70s hat is truly wrong on every level.


Jaime Winstone. I just don't understand her fashion choices. Not at all.


Just like with Gaga, when Jessie J was new, I was intrigued. Now I'm just bored/slightly troubled.


Lauren Pope. I know I shouldn't say this, because obviously this is just about as trashy and attention grabbing as they come. But actually, in terms of achieving what you set out to do, I think this is kind of majestic.


Pixie Geldof will never be forgiven for wearing Buffalo boots. And the rest of the outfit is just inexplicable.


I love Sarah Jessica's outfit, but the tights? No. We all know they are wrong.


Nicole Kidman proves that just because something (in this case leather) is fashionable, doesn't mean that you should have a frumpy badly fitting suit made out of it and wear it on the blue carpet.


This was the precise moment that I fell out of love with Cheryl Cole, and she hasn't done anything since to absolve herself.

And then there was Tulisa. I had high hopes. She started out well, she came across as really fun. But her fashion choices really, really sucked.

(Images via Daily Telegraph Fashion)



But all I can say is thank goodness for these fashion mistakes, because life would be very dull without them. So ladies, please, as you were...


No comments: