Tuesday 23 November 2010

Lace and Favour



The lace thing has been on my mind. Yeah, yeah, I know, I need to get out more, right? Well, be that as it may, I feel this is an important enough topic to spend at least a couple of minutes of the day on.

So, anyhoo, I'm thinking that a party dress might just be the right context for a bit of lace. Particularly like the Banana Republic one above. Yowza! Isn't that sexy?! I can't quite work out how it works in that picture. I assume there must be some kind of lining, that it can't all be out there... Hmmm, it confuses me slightly, and possibly scares me too. But the shape? The shape I love. There is definitely something sexy about a high neckline at a party, particuarly when other dresses are all tits city. (But then this one might be too, we are yet to ascertain.)



I also really like the look of this one, except for the neckline, it is the one slim part of me, do I want to hide it like this, then reveal less appealing parts? It also makes me think about Gwyneth Paltrow, and I'm in two mind about that.



But Julianne Moore? Yes please! And she is rocking the trend. She definitely makes me want to give it a go. Oh, so classy.



I'm thinking it works better in black, or a dark colour. I think the white might be a bit too cutesy or 60s looking. Waddayasay?


(Via Handbag)

This Oasis one is probably one of the easier ones to carry off, but possibly a little bland. Help you blend into the background, and honestly, this is a party, who on earth wants to do that? Alternatively it could be a bit Italian widow, not very festive, sure, but definitely a better look.


(Via Whistles)

The long sleeves on this Whistles number give it a little something unique, but does it look like a little girl's dress? Coz I'm not down with that.

Any favourites?

No comments: