Monday 9 November 2009

Boot Camp


(Image via Pied a Terre)

Since seeing that picture of Julianne Moore looking splendid in a pair of ankle boots I have become obsessed with finding a similar pair. But apparently wanting is not enough, the damn things have to already exist and you have to hunt them down.

This is easier said than done. A flat ankle boot that is fitted at the ankle and comes up a reasonable distance is a rare beast. The slouchy ankle boot? The flat shoe boot? The heeled fitted ankle boot? All frightfully common, I'm afraid. But the thing I want? Non-existant, supposedly.

This is as close as I have come to what I want, but I am not entirely convinced. Does it look too much like something a spivvy boy might wear? Is it too shiny? Have I used up my quota of questions? Are you bored with me yet? Yes? Oh.

No comments: