Wednesday 27 October 2010

Shades of Grey


(Via Kurt Geiger)

Have you ever been in a shop and tried on shoes only to find that only one of them seems to exist in the shop? No? Well that exact thing happened to me yesterday. Gah!

I was in pretty urgent need of some cheering up and so I thought NEW SHOES! Obviously.

For some reason these tickled my fancy. But they only had one shoe in my size. Which is probably just as well, because I am not at all sure about the grey strip at the bottom. I heard a couple of girls comment on how hideous the bottom was, and while the shoe is lovely in every other way, terribly comfortable and good with both skirts and trousers, I think I might be inclined to agree that the grey spoils them. I was willing to be swayed, colluded, but I chose to see the absence of the other bootie as a sign to leave it well alone myself.

I also tried on these bad boys


(Via All Saints)

Sheesh! The very definition of directional, no? And they looked so f'in awesome on. My legs looked better than in any other pair of shoes. But dear God they are uncomfortable. I was in excruting amounts of pain within about 30 seconds of having them on my hoofs. And how exactly you are meant to walk in them is quite beyond me.

It is slightly perverse that despite these fairly fundamental flaws I still kind of want them.

No comments: