Wednesday 9 June 2010

X Marks the Spot



I have to confess that I am a bit confused about how I feel about Xtina's return. Well, not really her return as such, more the incarnation that she has taken for this return.

I think she looks incredible. Like a beautiful, perfect replicant.

And I have never enjoyed her imagery more.




But is it a bit too Gaga? Except, you know, not carried out quite as imaginatively or as well?



And I just feel that she is aware of that and is trying to up her game. But instead of more being more creative she has just gone more slutty.

And S&M-y. At what stage does it stop being provocative and start being a bit creepy and demeaning? When you have a gag in your mouth in order to sell pop songs...? Just a thought.



But I guess when she did Dirrrrrrrrty (too many rs?) I lost my heart to her first time round, so she has previous and I didn't hate it then. In fact I liked her purely because she was doing something with her image that no one else was doing.

Maybe my major concern is that now everyone has seen the impact of Gaga on music imagery that we will just have to suffer various watered-down versions of her style to sell their watered-down pop.

I give you:

No comments: