Thursday 12 April 2012

It Ain't Over...


Do you remember when Rachel Zoe wore kaftans wherever she went? I want to do the same right now. I ate so much delicious food in South Africa that all I want to do now is hide myself in glamourous sacks. But I don't think I quite have that boho flair. And of course, La Zoe is teeny tiny, and as much as I would like to think that the more the fabric the smaller the person inside looks I know that it just isn't the case and I will just look like I'm wearing a pretty tent.


It is a bit of a wake up call about my weight though. I am back to my biggest again. Over the last few years I lost weight and maintained it but slowly but surely (and then not so slowly and even more surely) I have gained it all. And I don't feel great about that.


Carven


So I need some inspiration.

Alexander Wang


So I have decided to pick an item of clothing that I would never consider wearing because I think it is the least flattering thing for me and that I could never, ever wear it.

Anna Sui


And that for me, is the short. Honestly, right now I would rather die than be made to wear a pair of shorts. The very thought sends an absolute shudder down my spine.

By Malene Birger


But it wasn't always that way. I have been known to wear a short in the past, when I was rather smaller. And I think getting back to a place where I am happy to wear shorts again would be a good place for me to be.

Callula Lilliebelle


I don't need to be like a stick, but slimmer and much more toned would be ok.

Chalayan


Plus I love shorts. Look at all these pretty pairs. And I would love to be able to wear some. They are much easier to wear than mini skirts. You don't have to worry so much about flashing your knickers, which is always a bonus.

D&G 


So I am embarking on the shorts plan. By the end of the summer, and before the shorts season is over again for another year (shhh, I know, we don't need to think about that yet) I want to be able to happily walk down the road in a pair of shorts without wanting to die inside.

Diane von Furstenberg


I'll let you know how I get on. Wish me luck!

Emilio Pucci


Giambattista Valli


J Crew


Jigsaw


 Marc by Marc Jacobs



NW3

Paul and Joe Sister


Yves Saint Laurent

(Images via Net a Porter, Hobbs, Jigsaw)

No comments: