Monday 1 March 2010

I'm With The Band(age)



Holy mackerel! I escaped from the smoke for the weekend and found myself on a night out in Birmingham on Saturday night. And I realise just how sheltered I am. Coz even the trashiest girls in London would have their work cut out to compete with these Brummie beauties.

Honest to goodness, I had no idea! They made Essex girls look shy and retiring around the make up case. Their fashion mantra? The tighter and shorter the better.

Yowza!

And the clothing of choice? Other than the bizarre number of women dressed up as slutty nursery rhyme characters. The bandage dress.

Now, I have nothing against a bandage dress per se. I dreamed of going to my school leaver's ball in an Hervé Léger, which obviously didn't happen. And while I find them a bit ubiquitous with a very slender type of Hollywood starlet permanently ensconced in them, which is a bit tedious, I am quite a fan. I particularly liked the ones that Christopher Kane did a couple of years back.




But Vicks here has nothing on the proud ladies of the Midlands. Particularly the more generous ladies. Gosh, mystery is clearly a mythical beast around those parts. Good for them for feeling quite so confident, I guess. I'm not sure I've got anything like the same chutzpa.

No comments: