Wednesday 10 December 2008

A jewel can NEVER be too fug.


Dearest
Your post was nestling beneath Bonnie Tyler, I didn't see it until just now. And yet! How relevant it is...I shall explain momentarily. Anydiddle, I adore that ring. Get it. It's gargantuan and you shan't be able to lift you hand but frankly, who cares? I'm sure you can get a minion to lift your drinks to you lips for you, and if they misbehave beat them with the hardware.

That said, I have concerns about a fugly jewel. I worry about how they wind their merry way in to your life and make you love them, and then something awful happens and you are left bereft....Lucia, my most treasured fugalicious 'piece' has died a death. (I do so hope that one day I will be able to refer to my jewelery as 'pieces' without irony, rather than just regarding them as an amalgamated heaving and intertwined bundle of metal that sits atop my dressing table growing more and more gnarly by the day - don't you?) The bejewelled leopard karked it last Friday. He had been hanging out and pincering my suit jacket in to a le smoking wannabee for me when, I stupidly made a sudden movement and PING! off he popped along with the pin that held him in place. I am so sad. I actually sat down and gazed at him for a while, with tears brimming and then running down my cheeks like Princess Cheryl's off of the telly. I am going to try and fix him but in the mean time nothing, NOTHING will replace him!!! So do get fuglified, but please don't get too attached.

No comments: