Tuesday 17 July 2012

Knee High to a Grasshopper

Alexander McQueen

A few years ago the thought of wearing ankle boots was so unappealing. I remember a girl at school had a pair and, sartorially speaking, I thought she was entirely without hope.


Charlotte Olympia

But then the ankle boot came into our lives, even with skirts, and it was love.

Dian von Furstenberg

So now the thought of knee high boots seems bizarre. Very much too much of them, don't you think?

Giuseppe Zanotti

But they are creeping back into my consciousness and I actually think they look rather smart.
Gucci


I think I will dust off an old pair to start with and see how I run with those and while the pair I have are flat I might treat myself to a slim heeled pair as they just look so elegant.
Reed Krakoff

What about you? Tempted by knee high or sticking with ankle?

Alexander Wang


Altuzarra

Bottega Venetta

(Images via Net a Porter, Style.com)

2 comments:

Amelia Knitslow said...

Are you kidding? I've been wearing my knee-highs all bloody "summer"!

Lucinda said...

Well, yes, I suppose there is that...