Friday 9 April 2010

Devil in a Blue Dress

It's tedious, I know, but it is that time of year when a girl of a certain age has to think about what sort of dresses she might like to wear to the weddings of her friends.

Obviously I will have to make do with something I already own because I can't go spending money like water right now. But it doesn't stop a girl from dreaming.



So I popped in yesterday to Reiss and it appeared that a homosexual man had just spent a coupla grand in there and they were all cooing over him and then congratulating themselves on what good sales people they were. And I found this dress. I actually tried it on in a colour that was (somewhat bizarrely) the midway point between salmon and champagne, and actually very pretty. I thought it was going to be divine.


(Images via Reiss)

But it really wasn't. It hung off me at the top but was overly snug on the bottom, and the draped strips heightened all the parts that no one wants heightened. Everything was wrong with it. Everything! Plus the colour made me look desperately unwell.

So no real temptation there then...

No comments: