Friday 23 January 2009

To jump or not to jump...?

Darling, I must know your thoughts on this immediately. Yes, I know it is a jumpsuit, a terrifying word liable to make the most adventurous of ladies break out in a cold sweat, and I know it is satin, which will similarly distress all those not adverse to a snack or two, but I think it is utterly Busby Berkeley fabulous.

I am attending a hat party in a couple of weeks, and I have the most sublime little feathered, be-veiled concoction that I want to wear. I think a hat like that cries out wantonly for a costumey outfit to accompany it, and I think I might have hit the jackpot with this. I would wear it with those ludicrous heels that I bought for my sister's wedding before I succumbed to the Miu Mius, and probably a couple of ropes of pearls around the wrists, although I imagine you would advise something nastier on the jewellery front. And then naturally the smokiest eye known to humanity, darker even than my blackest mood on a dark day in February.

So spill. But before you do so I should warn you that I have already bought it (although the tags are still on) and I have just eaten something for lunch with the word SUPERFOOD in the title (oh the horror!), in an effort to look slightly more fabulous in it, so temper your comments accordingly if you would.

No comments: