Wednesday 29 January 2014

Bombshell

 Anna Sui

I never thought I was a bomber jacket kind of girl. When I was at school an achingly cool friend used to have one emblazoned with the logo of a pirate radio station. I was in awe but I knew that I was never that cool.

 DKNY

But mostly the problem was that my style is quite femme and I felt that the bomber was not for me. I need my clothes to go in and out to prove that I too go in and out, although slightly less in and slightly more out these days.

 IRO

With Isabel Marant championing the look over the past few years I have decided to revisit. And this season seems to be the right time to do it. Unlikely style icon Mary Berry and her floral bombers seem to have encouraged a more feminine take on the look.

 J Crew

Admittedly some of the jackets might come under the label of baseball or varsity rather than bomber, but I'm not to be exclusive, as you can see above you can definitely glam the look up.

 Maison Martin Margiela

I would probably chose to wear it with a flippy little skirt, grey sweatshirt and trainers, but it looks pretty bitching with jeans and heels too for a sports luxe take.

 T by Alexander Wang

Plus, I think the added bonus is that they can be worked right now by adding a layer under your regular coat. Warm, stylish and up to the minute? Whodathunkit?!

T by Alexander Wang

(Images via Net a Porter)

No comments: