Thursday 27 November 2008

When is too fug?



What are your fugly limits when it comes to jewellery? I was in To'sho yesterday and it was fug heaven. It is all so garish and gaudy and Tacksville, Ohio! I honestly couldn't love it any more if I tried.

There is nothing like a bit of tat to pep up an outfit that is marginally too serious or tasteful, in my mind. And I have a sneaking suspicion that you agree.

But what of this little treat? Is it not a bit too sci-fi? Is that a planet swathed in diamante rings from a solar system infinitely more glamourous than our own? Or is it an elaborate version of the children's game of catching a ball in a cup? Would it disable the neigbouring fingers? Would it encourage your levels of aggression just so you could see if it truly was the most delightful knuckle duster you had ever laid eyes on? Does it even deserve all this attention?

I am all Q's and no A's.

No comments: